Friday, September 01, 2006

Gran Designs



I was watching TV today and I saw this really cool programme. It was called Gran Designs, presented by Connie McCloud. She's about 80 or something and she just goes into people's homes who want a makeover and sorts their house out granny-style. It was full of really helpful hints, actually.

This is what she looks like (above).

She made some curtains for somebody out of a fabric that looked suspiciously like one of her dresses and saved them a fortune on buying blinds. Then she gave their rugs a good cleaning by beating them. You wouldn't have thought she had the strength.

Then she gave them all these helpful tips like using Alka-Seltzer to clean the loo or polish jewellery, and air freshener to clean mirrors. And apparently ants won't cross a chalk line. Maybe it gets between their little toes and glues them up.

I'm doubtful about that last one but I don't tend to have too much trouble with ants where I live, in my little bubble of Steveland. Anyway, I'll be using lemon juice on my glass as I do have quite a lot of that and I heard the acid will get it all shiny. Mmm... shiny bright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home